Sunday, August 13, 2006

We MUST Make This Happen

In case you missed it, the weekend editor over at Deadspin, The Mighty MJD, put up a thread about this today, and I must agree, we need televised Wiffle Ball...

Stop chortling and think about it. Imagine a televised sport that you can say "I can do that", and it's actually true. Well, I mean other than the WNBA...

Better yet, lets replace those stupid Cactus League games in the spring with 7 inning Wiffle Ball games. Imagine how Big Papi would scream at Manny for dropping a routine pop up when the ball takes like 8 minutes to even come down. Or seeing Jim Thome swing at a curve ball that breaks at an acute angle and fall flat on his ass...

I mean come on, ESPN already has ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNews, ESPN Classic, ESPNU and ESPN Deportes, so just create another channel, slap on an ESPN8 The Ocho banner, and give us our damn Wiffle Ball. We're Americans, we pay taxes, and we want our damn obscure sports...

We need to unite on this. I wish I could write some "Win one for the Gipper" halftime speech that would rally all 4 of my readers, but alas, I'm lacking in the motivational speaking department...

I'd imagine Will From Deadspin would put it something like this:

"But you can't hold a whole blog responsible for the behavior of a few, sick twisted individuals. For if you do, then shouldn't we blame the whole sports blogging system? And if the whole blogging system is guilty, then isn't this an indictment of our sports institutions in general? I put it to you, Leather - isn't this an indictment of our entire American society? Well, you can do whatever you want to us, but we're not going to sit here and listen to you badmouth the United States of America. Gentlemen!" [Leads the bloggers out of ESPN headquarters, all humming the Star-Spangled Banner]

Update: Because I love a good tirade, I kept goin on this, and found these guys. Major League Wiffle Ball.

2 Comments:

At 11:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Got to say I love the Animal House quote.

 
At 4:00 AM, Blogger SAMO said...

Yes we need this televised. But we also need some guidelines to make this entertaining. I don't actualy wanna watch this crap unless it is fun to do so.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home